Many of our programmes are recognised by the Society of Biology.
Over the last five years, Biosciences has welcomed postgraduate students from over 60 countries.
- 5th in the UK for Biosciences in The Guardian University Guide 2013
- 90 per cent of Biosciences research classified as being of international quality with world leading research undertaken in all of our research groups2
- Excellent facilities with a £25 million investment in state-of-the-art laboratories and platform technologies
- The current value of ongoing research within Biosciences is more than £40 million funded from research councils, charities, UK government, the EU Commission, and industrial companies
- Research regularly published in peer-reviewed journals including Nature, Science and the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- 7th for Overall Satisfaction in the National Student Survey (2012)1
- High quality research supervision to develop and nurture the scientific potential of all graduates
- Opportunities to enhance your learning on a field course in Africa, onboard the Cefas research vessel, or working with biotechnology or conservation organisation
Biosciences at the University of Exeter is a vibrant and rapidly expanding centre for research and teaching across a broad spectrum of biological sciences. Our students join a community of world-leading experts in subjects ranging from evolutionary biology, conservation and ecology, through whole organism biology and microbiology, to molecular and cellular biology, computational biology and biological chemistry.
As a highly research-active discipline, we are in an excellent position to offer taught Masters programmes focusing on a range of discipline-specific and generic skills, designed to enhance student employability. We enjoy excellent links with key external agencies, enabling students to benefit from direct links to relevant employment opportunities within the UK and abroad.
We provide state-of-the-art facilities for all students in Cornwall and Exeter. These include next-generation DNA sequencing and proteomics facilities and an enhanced bioimaging suite in Exeter, and research laboratories, greenhouses, aviary and controlled environment rooms in Cornwall. The Centre for Ecology and Conservation, Biosciences in Cornwall, shares the campus with the University’s £30 million Environment and Sustainability Institute which is leading the way in cutting-edge environmental research.
We welcome enquiries about our taught masters and research programmes from interested students throughout the year. Please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1326 371801
Tel: +44 (0)1392 723788
Postgraduate Research team
Phone: + 44 (0)1392 723310
The University of Exeter is a world class institution with professors who are experts in their fields. The quality of the lectures is exquisite and based on current technologies in the modern world.
Biosciences taught postgraduate student, Streatham Campus
1 96% of Biology students agreed they were satisfied
2 Research Assessment Exercise 2008