Living Systems Institute
Living Systems Institute, University of Exeter, Stocker Road, Exeter, EX4 4QD
I have had an interest in entomology for several years. In addition to this, my MSc (Master in Vectorial Entomology) has brought me knowledge in ecology and parasitology with the study of host – parasite – environment interactions. I am looking forward to study more insect pathology through this program.
MSc in Vectorial Entomology (Medical and Veterinary Entomology)
Bachelor in Agronomy (Plant experimentation)
I know how to run bioassays with insects (specially for determining virulence of a pathogen with the calculation of DL50 and LT50). I have experience in mathematical modelling on R software. Finally I have experience in molecular techniques, specially in PCR techniques.
- 06/01/2019 – 05/06/2019: Early-Stage Researcher at ‘Institut Pierre Richet’ (Bouaké, Côte d’Ivoire) Supervisor: Florence FOURNET
- Main activities → Studying human and Anopheles gambiae sensu lato through behavioral surveys / Analysis of the data collected to measure the human exposure to An. gambiae s.l. bites over mathematical models / Entomological techniques: sampling mosquito by human bait catches, dissection and morphological and molecular (PCR) identification
- 03/2019 - 06/2019: Early-Stage Researcher at Institute of Research for Development (Montpellier, France). Supervisors: F. CHANDRE and A. PERRIN
- Main activities → Assessment of high-speed mosquito densovirus production by in vivo methods (infection and production in Aedes mosquito larvae) / Rearing mosquito larvae / Bioassay to determine Lethal Dose – Control of produced viruses with qPCR
- 04/2018 - 08/2018: Internship at the French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety (Montpellier, France). Supervisor: P. REYNAUD
- Main activities → Epidemiological survey on vectors of Xylella fastidiosa in France, through a collaborating network / Manage database (Access software) / Write a report within the H2020 program (Pest Organisms Threatening Europe Project) / Entomological skills: morphological identification, studying taxonomic complex
- 11/2016 - 08/2017: Apprentice at the Regional Federation for Defense against Harmful Organisms. Supervisor: Maryse MERIEAU, Orléans (France)
- Main activities → Monitoring and diagnosis the health status of agricultural crops / Surveillance of regulated organisms (Anoplophora glabripennis)
- 09/2015 - 10/2016: Apprentice at Eurofins Agrosciences services. Supervisor: Angélique DEBETTE, Rouvres Saint Jean (France)
- Main activities → Conducting agrochemical assay
Research group links
Rearing of insects, Insect pathology, Experiments with insects, Molecular biology - Physiopathology, Computer science: screening and analysis of genomic data, Mathematical modelling: modelling of disease on R software.
PhD on ‘Microsporidia infection and virulence at varying population densities’ (Part of an European program: ‘INSECT DOCTORS’)