Professor Ken Haynes
We are greatly saddened by the loss of our friend and colleague Professor Ken Haynes who was a great fungal biologist with a keen eye for the Grand Vision, a loyal, supportive and hilarious friend to many in the fungal community, an inspiring mentor to innumerable junior scientists, and a loyal supporter of Fulham Football Club.
Ken was diagnosed with leukaemia. He underwent a bone marrow transplant in late 2016, but his immune system never fully recovered and he suffered a series of infections, finally succumbing on 19th March 2018.
Ken might have left, but he leaves behind a fantastic legacy of great science, fantastic people and a wonderful medical mycology community. He was a great mentor, an incredibly loyal friend, and fantastic colleague.
For any outstanding strain requests or queries please contact Jane Usher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Research group links
Key publications | Publications by category | Publications by year
No publications found
Information not currently available
Supervision / Group
- Charlie Cairns
- Yogesh Chaudhari (Technician)
- Emily Cook (Experimental Officer)
- Nicolas Helmstetter (Technician)
- Hsueh-lui Ho (Experimental Officer)
- Melanie Puttnam (Research Technician)
- Jane Usher
- Lauren Ames
- Sarah Duxbury (Ivana Gudelj)
- Marta Lalik (Bryony Williams)
- Suhaib Mohammed (Douglas Murray)
- Yaad Sidhu (Mike Csukai/Syngenta)
- Graham Thomas (James Cresswell)