Many of our programmes are recognised by the Society of Biology.
View and download a brochure
Over the last five years, Biosciences has welcomed undergraduate students from over 40 countries.
- 4th in the UK for Biosciences in The Guardian University Guide 2014
- 92 per cent for Overall Satisfaction in the National Student Survey (2013)1
- 90 per cent of Biosciences research classified as being of international quality with world leading research undertaken in all of our research groups2
- Broad-based and specialist degrees available in Exeter
- Specialist degrees available from the Centre for Ecology and Conservation on the Cornwall Campus
- State-of-the-art learning facilities
- Learn with internationally recognised research leaders and carry out challenging independent research
- All final year modules are based on the current research of our academics
- Dedicated career management
- Undertake field study overseas or in the UK
- Opportunities to study abroad
Biosciences at the University of Exeter is a rapidly expanding centre for the teaching and research of biological sciences. You’ll be taught by world-leading experts in subjects ranging from evolutionary biology, conservation and ecology, through whole organism biology and microbiology, to molecular and cellular biology, computational biology and biological chemistry.
We pride ourselves on providing the highest standard of care and support to our students within a friendly environment, and use the very latest research information, techniques and procedures in our teaching. Our teaching introduces new concepts in systems biology and describes how fundamental research is both commercialised in the biotechnology industry and applied practically in the field of ecology and conservation.
We provide state of the art facilities for all students in Cornwall and Exeter. These include next-generation DNA sequencing and proteomics facilities and an enhanced bioimaging suite in Exeter, and the University’s £30 million Environment and Sustainability Institute on the Cornwall Campus which is leading the way in cutting edge environmental research.
We welcome enquiries regarding admissions and hope to make the process as easy as possible for you. Contact:
Tel +44 (0)1392 723855
Tel +44 (0)1326 371801
1 percentage of Biology students who agreed they were satisfied
2 Research Assessment Exercise 2008