Q150T Turbo-Pumped Sputter Coater/Carbon Coater
The Q150T is a compact turbomolecular-pumped coating system suitable for SEM, TEM and many thin film applications. Q150T ES - a high resolution sputter and high vacuum carbon coater. This equipment was acquired and installed March 2014.
- Metal sputtering or carbon evaporation, or both - can be combined in one space-saving design
- Fine grain sputtering for advanced high resolution FE-SEM applications
- High vacuum turbo pumping - allows sputtering of a wide range of oxidising and non-oxidising metals - suitable for SEM, high resolution FE-SEM and also for many thin film applications. NB: To avoid a short target life, it is not advisable to use targets of less than 0.3mm for coatings of 50nm or thicker in conjunction with high sputter currents. Please consider using a bonded or thicker target
- High vacuum carbon coating - ideal for SEM and TEM carbon coating applications
- Glow discharge option - for modification of specimen surface properties (eg hydrophobic to hydrophilic conversion)
- Precise thickness control using the film thickness monitor option
Booking for trained users via Clustermarket.