Mr Eduardo Galue
Geoffrey Pope Building, University of Exeter , Stocker Road, Exeter, EX4 4QD, UK
Office hours: Flexible due to parental responsibilities (core hours 9AM-5PM)
Flexible due to parental responsibilities (core hours 9AM-5PM)
A highly motivated microbiologist / healthcare scientist Always willing to learn and take on new challenges within a science framework to improve best practices and organise time efficiently.
Advocate in the antimicrobial resistance challenges. Interested in molecular biology, immunology, clinical microbiology, research, quality assurance & quality control.
Informing and inspiring the public about scientific knowledge through my Twitter account: Eduardo Rafael Galue Mozo (@EGalueMozo) / Twitter
In my free time, I do enjoy designing and executing “microbiology at home” experiments for kids with my daughter which I share on my Instagram.
Furthermore, I am a musician, singer, music producer and promoter.
MSc Distinction Biomedical sciences (University of Cadiz, Spain)
BSc Honours Biological sciences (University of Granada, Spain)
- Torbay & South Devon NHS Foundation Trust | Paignton, Torbay; 04/2020 – 02/2023; Specialist analyst microbiology.
- Participated in the UKHSA - SIREN study: SARScov2 Immunity &reinfection evaluation): The impact of detectable anti SARScov2 antibody on the incidence of COVID-19 in healthcare workers.
- Ernest Jackson, Mondelez International | Crediton; 03/2015 – 03/2020; Microbiologist
- Crediton Dairy | Crediton; 12/2013 – 03/2015; Laboratory technician
- ALcontrol Laboratories | Newton Abbot; 11/2013 - 12/2013; Laboratory assistant
- Hospital Universitario de Puerto Real / University of Cadiz | Cadiz, Spain; 05/2011 – 11/2011; Research student
- Collaborated in the project "Gel Microencapsulation for the selection of antibody-secreting plasma cells of interest in cell therapy with transgenic lymphocytes" with web-based literature research and use of NCBI databases.
- Performed routine molecular biology laboratory assays (PCR primer edition, extraction and purification of nucleic acids, PCR Hot Start assays and analysis of PCR amplicons by electrophoresis).
- International Centre for neurotherapeutics (DCU) | Dublin, Ireland; Research student (Leonardo Da Vinci programme); 02/2011 – 04/2011
- Collaborated in the project “Purification of recombinant proteins from GM E. coli to express Botulinum toxin A and purification by protein chromatography for its therapeutic use in chronic pain conditions” helping with a wide range of activities.
- Cultivated, harvested and performed disruption of bacteria for purification (Western Blotting, SDS-PAGE) and quality assessment of recombinant proteins.
- Hospital Universitario de Puerto Real / University of Cadiz | Cadiz, Spain; 04/2010 – 10/2010; Research student
- Collaborated in the project “Improvement of the production of monoclonal antibodies”.
- Performed various scientific duties daily, including preparation of media and extraction of nucleic acids to be assayed via PCR Hot Start and assessment of amplicons by agarose gel electrophoresis.