Dr Nasser Trissi
Plant Growth Facilities Manager
01392 72 (5297)
Geoffrey Pope M01a1/ Mezzanine
Geoffrey Pope Building, University of Exeter , Stocker Road, Exeter, EX4 4QD, UK
Office hours: 09:00- 17:00
My research interests are in the biological control of insect pests and the ecology of insect-killing fungi, especially Beauveria bassiana. Develop integrated pest management tactic to control crops insects, conserve and enhance natural enemies of insects. I am particularly interested in how endophytic entomopathogenic fungi affect the insect populations and the implications this has for sustainable pest control and as a regulating factor in populations of beneficial insects. Applying pathogens may affect the biodiversity so my works also focusses on the effects of pathogens on non-target insects to improve our understanding of the ecological mechanisms that support the role that microbial pathogens play in insect population dynamics.
2010 PhD. Agricultural Engineering: Plant Protection (University of Aleppo)
2005 M.Sc. Agricultural Engineering/ Biological control of Insect (University of Aleppo)
1996 Diploma of Higher Studies in Plant Protection (University of Aleppo)
2022- present: Plant Growth Facilities Manager- The University of Exeter.
2018 - 2020: Visiting post-doctoral fellow - College of Life & Environmental Sciences, University of Exeter.
2012- 2018: Associate Professor – University of Aleppo.
2010-2018: Consultant (part-time) - The International Centre of Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA).
Research group links
- Singh KS, Troczka BJ, Duarte A, Balabanidou V, Trissi N, Carabajal Paladino LZ, Nguyen P, Zimmer CT, Papapostolou KM, Randall E, et al (2020). The genetic architecture of a host shift: an adaptive walk protected an aphid and its endosymbiont from plant chemical defenses. Science Advances, 6(19).
- Trissi AN, El-Bouhssini M, Skinner M, Parker BL. (2019). Effect of sublethal dosages of Beauveria bassiana on feeding and fecundity of Sunn Pest, Eurygaster integriceps Puton (Hemiptera: Scutelleridae). EPPO, DOI: 10.1111/epp.12603.
- El-Bouhssini M and Trissi AN. (2018). Integrated Pest Management: Economic Threshold and Economic Injury Level. In El Bouhssini, M. and J. R. Faleiro. Date Palm Pests and Diseases Integrated Management Guide. Beirut, Lebanon: International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA), 232p. ISBN13: 978-92-9127-505-2.
- Trissi AN, El Bouhsini M, Alsalti MN, von Korff M, Hamwieh A, Skinner M, Parker BL, Baum M (2013). Genetic diversity among summer and winter Beauveria bassiana populations as revealed by AFLP analyses. Journal of Asia-Pacific Entomology. 16: 269–273.
- Trissi AN, El Bouhssini M, Al Salti MN, Abdulhai M, Skinner M, Parker PL (2012). Virulence of Beauveria bassiana against Sunn pest, Eurygaster integriceps Puton (Hemiptera: Scutelleridae) at different time periods of application. Journal of Entomology and Nematology, 4(5): 49-53.
- El Bouhssini M, Lhaloui S, Amri A, Trissi AN. (2011). Implications of climate change on insects: the case of cereal and legume crops in North Africa, West and Central Asia. in Food security and climate change in dry areas. Solh, M. and Saxena, M.C. (eds): proceedings of an International Conference, 1-4 February 2010, Amman, Jordan. PO Box 5466, Aleppo, Syria: International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA). 369 pp.
- Abdulhai M, El-Bouhssini M, Jamal M, Trissi AN, Sayyadi Z, Skinner M, Parker BL (2010). Beauveria bassiana Characterization and Efficacy vs. Sunn Pest, Eurygaster integriceps Puton (Hemiptera: Scutelleridae), Pakistani Journal of Biological Sciences, ISSN 1028-8880.
- Trissi A, El-Bouhssini M, Ibrahem J, Abdulhai M, Parker BL, Reid W, El-Haramein FJ (2006). Effect of egg parasitoid density on the population suppression of Sunn Pest, Eurygaster inegriceps (Hemiptera: Scutelleridae), and its resulting impact on bread wheat grain quality. Journal of Pest Science, 79: 83-87.