Dr David Studholme
Associate Professor in Bioinformatics
- 2010-2014. Member of advisory board for BBSRC grant BB/I00016X/1 (held by Prof. V. Moulton, Computing Sciences, University of East Anglia).
- External member of a Promotion panel for the James Hutton Institute.
- 2013-2014. External examiner for MSc in Computational Biology at the University of East Anglia.
- 2014. Member of the Programme Committee of The IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM)
- 2013-present. Editor for Genome Updates in Microbial Biotechnology
- 2012-present. Frontiers in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- 2012-present. Editorial Board of Molecular Plant Pathology
- 2011-present. Editorial Board of the Nigerian Journal of Life Sciences
- 2010-2013. Associate Editor for BMC Genomics
- 2008-present. Editorial board of FEMS Microbiology Letters
- See my peer review activity at Publons
- 8th December 2016. Warwick Crop Centre seminar, University of Warwick.UK.
- 1st May 2014. "Tales of genome sequencing & infectious disease". Pathogenic microbes sequencing workshop organised by LGC and the Great Ormond Street Hospital. Teddington, UK.
- 6th November 2013. Tackling the plant destroyers: genomic variation in Phytophthora species'. NextGenBUG NextGen Bioinformatics User Group. University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK.
- 16th September 2013. Comparative genomics of emerging Phytophthora species. Protecting our woodlands: tackling tree pests and diseases. University of Reading, UK.
- 5th September 2013. Tracking spread of bacterial pathogens. Cream Teas and Bioinformatics, University of Exeter, UK.
- 21st April 2013. Bioinformatics considerations in studies of microbial communities using 16S rDNA. LGC, London.
- 27th March 2013. Comparative genomics of mushroom-pathogenic pseudomonads. Society of General Microbiology (SGM) meeting, Harrogate, UK.
- 6th December 2012. International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Trieste, Italy. ICGEB website
- 30th November 2012. Centre for Plant Biotechnology and Genomics, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain. CBAP website
- 20th September 2012. LWEC Collaboration on Tree Health. London, UK. View the presentation LWEC website
- 3rd November 2010. Research seminar. University of the West of England, Bristol, UK.
- 1st November 2010. Home Office and BBSRC Genomics Conference. Home Office, London, UK.
- 1st - 3rd September 2010. 8th International Conference on Pseudomonas syringae and related pathogens. Oxford University, Oxford, UK.
- 21-23 July 2009 International Workshop on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Data Analysis ICRISAT, Hyderabad, AP, India.
- March 2009 Society of General Microbiology (SGM) meeting, Harrogate, UK.
- 12 November 2007 RIKEN Yokohama Institute Japan.
Metabolite markers of resistance to ash dieback
- The Telegraph. Article: "Ash dieback screening could leave trees defenceless against deadly beetles". 26th December 2016.
- The Times. Article: "Disease-resistant trees face beetle threat". 27th December 2016.
- University of Exeter press release. 26th December 2016.
Genomics of tree diseases
- Television interview on BBC 1 South West on 12th April 2013.
- Radio interview on BBC Cornwall on 12th April 2013.
E. coli outbreak
- Article in Danish newspaper Ingeniøren on 10th June 2011.
- Blog posting by Robin Engelhardt, the author of the Ingeniøren article on 10th June 2011.
- Live TV interview on Canadian TV channel CTV on 8th June 2011.
- Live TV interview on channel NTN24 by Ana Maria Hernandez Cabal on 8th June 2011.
- Radio interview on Deutsche Welle by Cyrus Farivar on 6th June 2011. Audio.
Bleeding canker disease of horse chestnuts
- 7th September 2016. Co-chaired session "Dynamic evolution and adaption of fungi" at Focused Meeting is being jointly hosted by the Microbiology Society and the British Mycological Society entitled "The dynamic fungus".