Geoffrey Pope Building, University of Exeter , Stocker Road, Exeter, EX4 4QD, UK
Office hours: Part-time flexible hours
Part-time flexible hours
Research Technician within Dr Liliane Mukaremera’s research group at the MRC Centre for Medical Mycology investigating the cell wall of the fungal pathogen Cryptococcus neoformans.
2017 - 2021 BSc Biochemistry with Industrial Experience (1st) (University of Exeter)
- 2021 - Present - Research Technician at the MRC Centre for Medical Mycology
- 2021 - Summer internship in the Mezzanine Lab at the University of Exeter investigating the wheat pathogen Zymoseptoria tritici
- 2021 - Summer internship at the Marine Biological Association investigating diatom ecophysiology
- 2019 - 2020 - Industrial Placement at the Shell Technology Centre Houston, Texas, within the Nature Based Solutions team
- Summer 2018 - Researcher within the Exeter University iGEM team for the International Genetically Engineered Machine competition
Research group links
- I am primarily interested in host-microbe interactions, especially those between fungal pathogens and humans or plants, as these pathogens cause huge amounts of damage each year in both clinical and agricultural settings.
- I am interested in understanding the mechanisms of infection of these pathogens, how they can develop antifungal drug resistance and how to combat this.
- I am currently working in Dr Liliane Mukaremera’s research group to characterize the cell wall of the human fungal pathogen Cryptococcus neoformans.