Noorsuhaila Abu Bakar
Assistant Laboratory Manager
Geoffrey Pope Teaching Lab
Geoffrey Pope Building, University of Exeter , Stocker Road, Exeter, EX4 4QD, UK
Office hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16:30
Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16:30
Noor holds a MSc in Agronomy from Universiti Putra Malaysia. Prior to joining the University of Exeter, Noor was a research officer at the Industrial Crop Research Centre, Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI). During this time, she was appointed as a project leader under the Twelfh Malaysia Plan. She also provided consultation to stake holders and training for smallholders .She had presented her reserach institute and collaborated with the Republic of Suriname for rice production. Her primary research interest has been in soil and plant science, as well as climate change. In the pursuit of excellence in becoming a researcher, she willing to take the opportunity to optimize my knowledge, experiences and skills for her future practice.
2015 Master of Science (Agronomy), Universiti Putra Malaysia
2010 Bachelor of Agricultural Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia
1. Laboratory Technician (Jan 2023 - March 2023)
Technical Service, University of Exeter
2. Research Officer (March 2014 - Present)
Industrial Crop Research Centre, Malaysian Agriculture Research and Development Institute (MARDI)
3. Research Assistant (Jan 2010- Dec 2011)
Faculty of Agriculture, Universiti Putra Malaysia
Research interests in plant and soil science, as well as climate change.
1. The Eleventh Malaysia Plan (11th MP), 2016 - 2020 under agriculture section entitled project “Development of an effective grain corn production system for high yielding varieties and quality for animal feed” - Sub project leader.
1. Reverse Lingkage Project between Malaysia and Suriname in Rice Production.